Tuesday, July 7, 2015

My review of The library innovation toolkit

The Library Innovation Toolkit: Ideas, Strategies, and ProgramsThe Library Innovation Toolkit: Ideas, Strategies, and Programs by Anthony Molaro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First up, I really wanted to like this book. I know that the three star rating does not show that I liked it a lot, but it is okay (and I seem to read a lot of books with a three star rating). It is a solid book, with some chapters deserving a 5 star rating (the work by Parkes Library is amongst these), but other chapters were not as strong. It has some good ideas and some useful library examples, and there ideas which can be used from each chapter. Maybe the timing of me reading it was wrong. There were ideas people could use in their libraries, not as many as I was expecting.

My three star rating may also be about the interpretation of the word innovation, but that is a tough idea to correctly position (for example, playing catch up is rarely innovation).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment